Cast Away on New Adventures in Wilmington & Island Beaches
Built between 1833 and 1840, this National Historic Landmark is one of the best-preserved examples of a civic building in Greek Revival-style architecture. It originally housed the governor’s office, cabinet offices, legislative chambers, state library and state geologist’s office. The building has been restored to its 1840 - 1865 appearance.
Free admission. Guided tours are available with advance notice through Capital Area Visitor Information (919-807-7950 or 866-724-8687).