The 1886 Roanoke River Lighthouse is a popular visitor attraction in Edenton, North Carolina's first Colonial capital. It is one of the last surviving screwpile lighthouses of its kind in the United States.
The lighthouse originally stood sentry in the mouth of the Roanoke River. It has been restored and relocated to its permanent position in Edenton Bay. This amazing structure is open for tours, giving a complete look of life on the water from a lightkeeper's perspective. It is easy walking distance from downtown Edenton and a great spot for shooting photos of Edenton Bay.
Period furnishings are provided by the Edenton Historical Commission.