The park is located on the site of the former town of Waynesborough, the original seat of Wayne County from 1787 until 1848. The park consists of a village featuring nine historic buildings brought from across the county. These buildings, including a school, lawyer’s office, and Quaker meeting house, date from the 1860s to the 1920s. In addition to the village, we have more than 150 acres along the Neuse and Little rivers with more than four miles of walking trails through open spaces, forest, and cypress swamp.
Designated on the NC Birding Trail, our facilities are available for weddings, reunions, camping, and other special events.