Come visit and witness the essence of Davidson. A 43,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility, the “VAC” is home to both art history and studio art. The Van Every and Smith Galleries feature artwork from students, faculty, regional, national, and international artists which changes every six weeks. The galleries also feature a vast permanent collection of artwork, and the outdoor sculpture garden is an extension of this collection. In addition, there’s an AV-equipped lecture hall, seminar room, and studios for art majors and faculty. Built in 1992-1993, the building is modeled after two of Davidson’s oldest buildings: Eumenaean Hall and Philanthropic Hall. It was named in 1998 for Katherine McKay Belk, a member of the Davidson Board of Trustees, and her husband, Tom Belk, Class of 1946, a member of the board of trustees from 1972-1984.