Constructed after the Civil War in 1891, John Blue, Sr. designed the home after visiting family in Mississippi where he became intrigued by the riverboats. Upon his return, he designed the home to reflect this look – including the “bridge” of the home that served as his favorite sitting area. Also contributing to the riverboat design are the rare double circular porches, as well as the ornaments that decorate the porch and railings — all hand carved by Mr. Blue himself. The house is built entirely of heart of pine lumber from trees on the grounds.
13043 X-Way Road
Laurinburg, NC 28352
- Tours: Guided
Scotland County Tourism Development Authority