The Madison County Courthouse, constructed in 1907, is a two-story Neo-Classical Revival brick structure in the heart of Marshall. It cost $30,000 to build. The cupola, a four-stage polygonal structure, is one of the most impressive courthouse cupolas in North Carolina. The conical roof, bearing clocks on its alternate faces, is capped by a lantern which serves as a pedestal for a statue of Blind Justice.
For more information about the courthouse and other historic sites, contact the Madison County Visitors Center at 1-877-262-3476.