Cast Away on New Adventures in Wilmington & Island Beaches
The original Olivia Raney Library opened in 1901 across from the old Capitol, moved to Fayetteville Street Mall in 1965 and closed in 1985. Today, the librarys research collection focuses on historical and genealogical materials related to Wake County and North Carolina, with an extensive Civil War collection and databases that provide additional resources. Free admission. Hours: Mon. & Thurs., 10am-8pm; Tues. & Wed., 10 am-6pm; Sat., 10am-5pm.