One of the oldest homes in Lenoir County, Harmony Hall has been tastefully restored with authentic 18th century furnishings. Built in 1772, once the home of Gov. Richard Caswell.
The restored house features a large reception room, called the great room, at the center of the first floor with open fireplaces at each end. The great room is the actual size of the original dwelling built in 1772. This area was enlarged by the addition of wings and rooms in later years.
Additions included the ladies parlor, which is furnished with 19th century furnishings reflecting the Victorian era, The dining room is located in the east wing, with a kitchen adjacent to it to accommodate guests. A study occupies the rear of the house. A children's bedroom, the master bedroom, and a museum room which houses an extensive doll collection is located upstairs.
Group tours are available.