A trio of historic museum houses depicting the daily life of early county settlers. The Shaw House (circa 1820s) was built by Charles C. Shaw and later owned by one of his 12 children, Charles Washington Shaw, who became the first mayor of Southern Pines in 1887. The house is typical of the antebellum homes which followed the cabins of the early Sandhills settlers. The Garner House and the Britt-Sanders Cabin (also known as the Loom House) were both built in the 1700s.
Operated by the Moore County Historical Association.
110 Morganton Rd.
Southern Pines, NC 28387
Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen Area Convention & Visitors Bureau