Located in Historic Downtown Tarboro which covers 45 blocks. Present Gothic Revival church building was completed in 1867 and consecrated in 1868. The churchyard with its many grave sites and markers, including those for statesmen, armed services men and women, clergy and common folk, draws people from around the nation who are searching for connections. It remains an active burial ground. The yard itself ,which contains both exotic and native trees, shrubs, and ivy, is regarded regionally and beyond as a grand arboretum. Both building and grounds are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.