Stop in for information on the North Carolina Sandhills, where you’ll find plenty of golf and military history, plus North Carolina-made arts & crafts and even a whirligig. We're currently located at our temporary location due to reconstruction at the former location near Rowland.
The rest area outside includes
- Restrooms, including family restrooms
- Handicap accessibility
- Motorcoach/RV parking
- Internet access/smart phone charging station
- Picnic tables
- Vending machines and a water fountain
- Recycle and trash receptacles
- Dog bag dispenser
- N.C. arts and crafts on display, plus a whirligig
The Welcome Center building is open daily 8 am - 5 pm. It's closed on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The grounds for the rest area outside is open year-round.
I-95 at exit 48
Fayetteville, NC 28302