The French House, built in 1850 by prominent merchant and civic leader George R. French, combines Greek and Italiante architectural forms. Both styles are well preserved in the original porches, mantles, windows and interior. Each bedroom suite includes a private bath, ceiling fans and a fireplace. The house offers privacy and comfort with all the modern conveniences. The location is excellent for strolling along the Cape Fear River and to the various historic points of interest. Restaurants, boat rides and tourist attractions are all within walking distance. The sounds of an earlier day can be found every day with the steam boat whistles, church bells and horse drawn carriage.

ContactHoursAmenities