The 18th-century Boggan-Hammond House, the first restored historic building in Anson County, was built by Capt. Patrick Boggan, donor of the land for the Town of Wadesboro. Chartered as New Town in 1783, the present name of the county seat was adopted in 1878. Boggan and his brother-in-law, Col. Thomas Wade, were among the founders of the town. Patrick Boggan was a Revolutionary War leader and an ardent Anson Regulator. The Boggan-Hammond House was built by Boggan for his daughter Nellie who married William Hammond. The house is furnished in period furnishings which include a rope bed with trundle, a flax wheel and an arm chair that belonged to the Boggans. The colors used in the house are original as are the floors.