The Grove Arcade is one of Ashevilles architectural jewels designed by visionary Edwin Wiley Grove and opened as a public market in 1929. It is a fanciful building that incorporates many architectural styles and served as one of the leading commercial buildings in Asheville in the 1930s. After extensive renovations, the Grove Arcade was restored to its original splendor and reopened to the public in 2002. Today the ground level is again filled with an exciting mix of galleries, shops and restaurants. Visit the website for schedules and details and a downloadable historical and architectural building tour.