Visit North Carolina and Leave No Trace want you to Make It Your Nature next time – and every
time – you
visit our great outdoors by taking the Outdoor NC Pledge.
I vow to make it my nature to:
- Respect North Carolina’s outdoor spaces and my fellow visitors by practicing the Leave No Trace Principles.
- Learn and honor the cultural norms for the places I visit.
- Map my trip wisely, avoid times of peak visitation, and have Plan B in my pocket if the parking lot’s full.
- Play it safe when it comes to waterfalls, rip currents and other forces beyond my control.
- Stick to established trails and avoid damaging (or impacting) pristine surfaces.
- Remove my own litter and my dog’s doo, and to pitch in whenever I see trash.
- Avoid intruding on the habitats and areas where bears, wild horses, salamanders and other creatures live.
- Take pictures from the trail instead of souvenirs from nature.
- Treat everyone I encounter with patience and understanding in consideration for people who may be unaware of caring for the outdoors.