Cast Away on New Adventures in Wilmington & Island Beaches
The Old Theater at the corner of Broad and Church Streets in Oriental first opened as a movie theater in 1945. It attracted patrons from throughout Pamlico County, many of them using the then-existent train service for their journey. It continued to serve as a social and entertainment center until the late 1950s. After languishing for over thirty years, the theater has returned to help fulfill the entertainment, cultural and civic needs of the County.