Govenor Zebulon B. Vance and his family lived in the Vance House from April to June of 1865 after the evacuation of Raleigh from Sherman’s troops. The house was saved from destruction in 1950 by the United Daughters of the Confederacy and moved from West Broad Street to Sharpe Street. In 1951, the ladies opened the Vance House Museum to tell the story of Governor Vance and the brave Confederate soldiers.

ContactHoursAmenities