Historic Currituck SettlementOnlineWebsite - www.visitcurrituck.comAddress145 Courthouse RoadCurrituck, NC 27929PhonePrimary - (252) 232-2708 Includes the Jacobean Jail, the oldest standing jail in North Carolina (1790), and the Currituck Courthouse (1723). Currituck County's original courthouse was constructed in the early 1700s. The building was replaced in 1842 and remodeled in 1898. Today, the Historic Courthouse houses the County's governmental administrative offices. Next to the Courthouse sits the original Currituck Jail. This jail was built after receiving legislative permission in 1776 and is one of the four oldest jails in North Carolina.