It was the second textile mill in the County, building on the success of the Cedar Falls mill partnership which had begun operations in a converted grist mill in 1836. Local historic landmark designation was approved by the Town of Franklinville Commissioners on April 14, 2009. Disclaimer: Randolph County and its municipalities have designated a variety of historic landmarks. Just as with state and national historic landmarks, visitors should be aware that some are private and not open to the public. Please contact the Visitors Bureau for additional information regarding accessibility before traveling long distances.