Beachside to Boardwalk Family Fun in Carolina Beach
Designed and built by John Berry in 1844-1845. Outstanding example of Greek Revival architecture with details of woodwork and stair brackets from Asher-Benjamins' pattern book. An English Clock (c.1769), a gift to the town of Hillsborough, is located in the courthouse cupola. Allow 15 minutes for tour. The courthouse is still in operation for county judicial business, so some areas are restricted. Free.