If traveling is necessary, individuals are encouraged to check with local governments to determine whether additional restrictions are still in place (e.g. beach access, short-term rentals and hotels, visitor centers), and to contact lodging establishments directly for their most up-to-date information.
Current destinations with various restrictions in place:
Statewide points of interests
- State parks
- Sites within the National Park Service system
- State forests
- National forests
Additional points of interests
- Brunswick County (Bald Head Island)
The North Carolina Department of Transportation's Ferry System is still operating at a reduced schedule, and North Carolina's nine welcome centers remain closed. Please use DriveNC.gov for real-time information on rest areas, resources and traffic if traveling.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is asking everyone to remember the three W’s if traveling:
- Wait 6 feet apart and avoid close contact with others if possible
- Wear a facemask if interacting with others
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer