Ayr Mount is a meticulously restored 1815 plantation home. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is finely furnished with Federal Antiques and Decorative Art. Built by William Kirkland of Ayr, Scotland, the house sits on 265 tranquil acres along the banks of the Eno River. Guided house tours are available Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat at 11 AM and Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun at 2 PM from March 21 through Dec. 20. Group tours available year round by appointment. One-mile free nature trail around the house and along the banks of the Eno River called the Poet's Walk is open daily.
Ayr Mount Historic Site
376 St. Mary's Rd.
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Latitude: 36° 4' 53.04" N
Longitude: -79° 5' 7.08" W
I-40 exit 261 or I-85 exit 164 towards downtown Hillsborough. Turn right onto King Street. Turn left on Cameron and bear immediately to right onto St Marys Road. Ayr Mount is about .5 mile on right.
- Accepts Company Checks
- Accessible for Motorcoaches / RVs
- Admission Charge $: $10.00 per person
- Free Parking
- Group Rate Available
- Handicap Accessible
- Hiking/Walking Trail
- Hours of Operation: Tours 11 AM: Wed-Sat; 2 PM: Thur-Sun.
- Location: Suburban
- Min # to Qualify for Group Rate: With 20 get one admission free
- Minimum # to Qualify for Group Tour: 10+ must pre-register
- Motorcoach Parking
- Picnic Area
- Reservations Required for Groups
- Season of Operation: March 21-Dec 20; Group tours available year round by appointment. Closed 2 weeks in July.
- Tour - Guided
- Tour - Other: Free Poet's Walk
- Tour Buses Welcome
- Tour Group Greeter