Novelist Thomas Wolfe's boyhood home and setting for his 1929 novel "Look Homeward, Angel." Visitor Center offers multi-media presentation and exhibits. Tours of the historic house are offered hourly.
Thomas Wolfe Memorial State Historic Site
52 North Market St.
Asheville, NC 28801
Latitude: 35° 35' 51.72" N
Longitude: -82° 33' 3.2394" W
From I-26, I-40 and US 19-23 (Future I-26 from Johnson City) take the I-240 loop into downtown Asheville. Take exit 5-A (Merrimon Ave. exit) and follow signs to the Thomas Wolfe Memorial. The Memorial is located at 52 N. Market St. next to the Renaissance Hotel.
- Accepts Major Credit Cards
- Accessible for Motorcoaches / RVs
- Admission Charge $: $1 Adults; $.50 Children
- Free Parking
- Gift / Retail Shop
- Handicap Accessible
- Hours of Operation: 9 a.m - 5 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday & 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Sundays
- Min # to Qualify for Group Rate: 10
- Motorcoach Parking
- Tour - Self Guided
- Tour Group Greeter
- Tour Guide Available