Checklist For Reunion Success
Family reunions in North Carolina are fun and relaxing – and now they're easy to plan too! Print this handy checklist and have fun putting together the best family reunion ever.
14 Months Ahead
- Research family reunion ideas. Start a list of options that work for your family.
- Build a guest list.
- Send out a survey with date and location options.
12 Months Ahead
- Decide on a date and location.
- Begin to research hotels, attractions and restaurants.
- Contact the local CVB for ideas, brochures, maps, coupons and tips.
- Start a website, blog or newsletter to keep everyone up-to-date.
- Form committees and assign jobs.
9 Months Ahead
- Send “Save the Date” letters, postcards or e-mails.
- Reserve accommodations.
- Begin thinking about souvenirs (t-shirts, buttons, bags).
6 Months Ahead
- Begin mapping out a schedule and itinerary.
- Reserve restaurants, parks, activities and ground transportation.
- Update your website or blog.
3 Months Ahead
- Start to plan meals.
- Create a shopping list.
- Reserve rental equipment, if needed.
- Send out formal invitations.
- Order souvenirs.
1 Month Ahead
- Confirm your reservations.
- Finalize schedule and menus.
2 Weeks Ahead
- Brainstorm rainy day alternatives.
- Buy all supplies and non-perishable food items.
- Put together welcome bags.
Week of Reunion
- Reconfirm reservations.
- Buy perishable food.
- Pick up souvenirs.
- Set up the reunion site.
- Arrange for transportation to and from trains, bus stations or the airport.
At the Reunion
- Take lots of pictures.
- Collect current information on everyone attending.
- Have fun!
- Send out thank you notes.
- Update website or blog with funny stories and pictures.
- Have a post-reunion committee meeting or send out a survey to get feedback.
- Start planning your next reunion!
For easy printing, click here to download the checklist.
added: March 29, 2010
updated: March 31, 2010
Ideas & What To Do
Family reunions can be just as fun to plan and prepare for as they are…
Greeting your guests with a thoughtful bag of goodies is a great way to…
I’ll admit I’m a bit biased, but I honestly don’t…
One of the many beauties of the Crystal Coast area of North Carolina is…
You don’t have to look far to find something entertaining to do…
The Piedmont is full of vibrant cities, exciting public parks and…
With fun and affordable activities like flying kites, building sand…
Family reunions in North Carolina are fun and relaxing – and now…
When my niece suggested that our far-flung family gather at the Outer…
There is a style of family reunion to fit every family. From casual and…